Call for papers
September 23-25, 2009, Rostov-on-Don, Russia
The main topic of the ICNC-09 - Living organism in the real world: from neurophysiology towards brain-based devices.
The topics of ICNC-09 will be as follows:
- Cellular and subcellular mechanisms of neural functions, and its system-level implications
- Genesis of rhythms and oscillatory activities in the brain mechanisms of perception, attention and mind
- Perception, motion control, and image recognition in the real world
- Human-computer interface
- Biologically motivated algorithms, models, and tools for real-world information processing
- Neural architectures and synthesis of brain-based devices
The Conference will include:
- invited lectures
- oral presentations
- poster presentations
- round table on the main conference topic
Four satellite events will be held during Conference:
- The Third International Symposium on Neuroinformatics and Neurocomputers (3rd ISNN)
- The International Symposium on "Brain-Computer" Interface
- The Fifth Advanced School "Neuroinformatics, Neurocybernetics, Neurocomputers"
- The International Workshop on Modern Methods for Neuroscience Research
Working languages of the Conference are English and Russian.
Regular participants _100
The registration fee will cover the Conference proceedings, coffee-breaks, and excursions.
Participation in the Conference will be contingent on the payment of a Conference fee.
February 15, 2009 - deadline for registration
April 15, 2009 - deadline for abstract submission
May 15, 2009 - notification of acceptance of abstracts
We are looking forward to seeing you in Rostov-on-Don.
Rostov-on-Don is the capital of the Conferences on Neurocybernetics; all of the 14 preceding Conferences, dating back to 1962, had been organized here by Rostov State University (now Southern Federal University) and A.B. Kogan Research Institute for Neurocybernetics, one of the premier Russian research institutions in the area. Among the participants of the Conferences were the most prominent Soviet, Russian, and foreign scientists. Cherishing that remarkable tradition, we will again greet the leading international experts who will discuss the recent results and prospects in the field of neurocybernetics.
Rostov-on-Don (population is more then 1,000,000) is located at 1000 km South of Moscow, on the picturesque banks of the Don River. The latter embodies at this site the "official" (formal-geographical-historic) border between Asia and Europe. In 2009, our wonderful city will celebrate its 260th Anniversary. Late September is among the most enjoyable seasons in Rostov-on-Don, with lots of sun, some mild breeze, and temperatures around 25 Celsius (70 Fahrenheit). Rostov-on-Don is Southern Capital of Russia and well-known for its outstanding hospitality and is looking forward to meeting you here!
Organizing Committee of ICNC-09
A.B.Kogan Research Institute for Neurocybernetics
Southern Federal University
194/1 Stachka Ave
phone: +7 863-243-37-44
phone/fax: +7 863-243-35-77